tickets on sale now!
Saturday 21st August & Sunday 22nd August
The Dorothy Pax and HoneyBee Blues Club present the party of the summer! We’ve been working hard to bring together the greatest local and international artists from the world of blues, americana, rock’n’roll and roots. Dust of those tents and join us for a fun packed weekend of music, drinks, great food, stalls, fire pits and endless summer vibes.
Welcome, to Shady Grove.
the Dorothy PAx
The Dorothy Pax is a bar located at Victoria Quays in Sheffield. It quickly gained popularity due to its brilliant location, charming views, and never-ending hospitality. We have plenty of outside room for those summer months, and a cosy interior for that never-ending winter. With local ales, international beers, fine ciders, wines, spirits and the occasion special treat depending on the time of year, you’ll never be disappointed. Our name comes from a 1914 Sheffield Keel known as The Dorothy Pax. The bar itself is made from the famous boat. A short walk from Sheffield city centre and Kelham Island, offering great views of the canal. A perfect spot for a relaxing drink.
honey bee blues club
blues, americana, rock ‘n’ roll, roots
The Honey Bee Blues Club held it’s first gig on the 17 January 2014, and we instantly found ourselves with a loyal crew and following. Over the subsequent 6 years the club grew from a single event to promoting an average of 16 gigs a month, and running up to 6 stages on the alternative tramlines circuit, along with the blues stage at the annual Peace in the Park Festival . Working closely with our resident Texan, Ash Gray, we started developing connections with Austin, TX, and began regularly promoting several American acts. By 2018 we had also started to work with venues outside of our home turf of Sheffield, and had began to organise small tour dates for several visiting acts from both Europe and the USA.
how do I get there?
Accessible by bus (252, 50A), car or a short taxi ride. Just a short skip and jump from the Pax, a mere 8 miles away
where do I sleep?
Bring your own tent for the full festival experience! The location of Shady Hall Farm means you can come for the day or stay for the night (Saturday & Sunday night). Please note, there’s no electric hook up. Don’t worry the bar will charge your phone if you need it.
where do I go?
Look out for Snail Bands Bench
Address: Shady Hall Farm, Ford Rd, Marsh Lane, Sheffield S21 5RE.
The exact location of the visitors entrance can be found on the map below.
Please read the following
We’d Kindly Ask
- Please leave Rover the family hound at home, sorry no dawgs on site.
- Please don’t bring glass onto site, we like the resident Moo-Moo’s
- Please no fires or BBQ’s, there will of course be a communal Fire Pit – which where allsorts of magic will happen after the big stage closes.
- Please leave the Boom-Boxes in the ghetto, they’ll be plenty going on to keep you entertained.
- Please bring everything you need for x2 days of Shady Grove fun.
Of Course You Can
- Bring your own supplies, food, booze and anything else you’d need. There will of course be a bar and some food vendors to keep you well refreshed and full.
- Bring your Frisbee, Etch a Sketch and other fun stuff to do. We’d ask no boomerangs!
- Bring your acoustic guitars, triangles and marakas.
- Bring small humans, under 14’s still need a ticket but of course there is no charge for this.